Covance Business Development Dir. II in Shanghai, China
Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
• Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
• Sets and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits.
• Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
• Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
• Leads client presentations.
• Supports an established client base where appropriate
Bachelor’s degree in life science or business field preferred
Advanced industry knowledge
Demonstrated client retention skills
Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
Job Number 2018-26304
Job Category Business Development/Sales
Position Type Full-Time
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.