Covance Sr Mgr Programming in Dalian, China
Already working in the clinical trial industry within Statistical Programming space and open to explore potential career opportunities? We are currently hiring for the right professionals to join us in China. By joining our Programming business operations in China, you will be responsible to lead and manage the projects in relation to Statistical Programming. If you are ready for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would love to talk to you!
The Senior Manager, Statistical Programming will act as the Leader and People Manager of the Statistical Programming team for assigned projects to oversee the technical planning for increasingly complex projects including global and multiple study projects, Integrated of Summary of Safety (ISS) and Integrated Summary of Efficacy (ISE) and electronic submissions.
• Supervision of less-experienced of statistical programmers within project activities.
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, a proactive approach and the ability to make sound decisions on a regular basis and communicate these clearly.
• Display a positive attitude at all times, promoting and contributing to a good team spirit with a productive and professional environment.
• Facilitate the flow of information, comment and feedback between senior management and all levels of staff.
• Assume line management responsibility for a team, conducting performance reviews, setting and regularly reviewing objectives and developing and regularly reviewing training and development plans.
• Provide training and development of less experienced staff within the department.
• Act as Statistical Programming Project Manager or Project Director for large global or other major programs which may include global responsibilities.
• Identify and assist others in identifying changes in scope of projects and provide time and cost modifications and detailed information for the development of change orders.
• Provide and interpret resource requirements on a regular basis to ensure that programmers within the department are utilized as fully and as efficiently as possible.
• Interact with the management and wider team in related disciplines e.g. Clinical Data Management, Clinical and Biostatistics, to ensure consistency in approach, ongoing co-operation and teamwork and regular discussion regarding process improvements.
• Provide input and review of new business proposals, including time and cost estimates and associated documentation; participate in associated client development activities.
• Represent Statistical Programming department during audits, particularly those related to new client opportunities.
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. We began operations Asia Pacific in 1988 and today have more than 1000 employees in 14 countries across the region. Through our discovery, nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today.
Why Covance China?
At Covance China, you will join like-minded professionals who, together, build our reputation as one of the world's largest and most respected contract research organizations. In choosing Covance China, you will be part of a dedicated team that makes a difference in helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities. At Covance China, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
We welcome your application and believe this decision may be the most rewarding career move you will ever make!
BSc in a computing, life science, mathematical or statistical subject
• A minimum of 10 years experience in provision of programming support for clinical trial management and reporting, preferably with at least 2 years of statistical programming responsibility with a CRO.
• Strong people management skills and supervisory skills gained from at least 3 years line management experience.
• Extensive experience and proven skills in the use of SAS within a clinical trials environment. Extensive experience in all processes / practices used within a Statistical Programming environment.
• Substantial knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials from initial study set-up to study completion. Complete knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures used within a Statistical Programming environment and the ability to communicate to programmers and non-programmers alike. .
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to delegate and prioritize work.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of staff throughout the global organization and confidently with other disciplines and external clients. Ability to promote a good team working environment, providing the client with a high quality service whilst recognizing our business needs.
• Project management skills and team leadership experience, as demonstrated by ability to organize and motivate project teams.
• Good logistical skills in order to manage the work of a team / group of Statistical Programmers.
Job Number 2017-16490
Job Category Clinical Operations
Position Type Full-Time
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.